Sunday, January 22, 2012

So This Is What Its Come To!

            The other day as I was working the maintanence man said to me as he was leaving "Well Im gonna go and let you do your magic." So I got to thinking-my magic-yea, thats it. That is so right!! I love what I do and I love working my magic!! Most people would hate doing what I do because it is a dirty hard job!! But thats what I love about it! I walk into a place that needs a lot of help and walk out leaving it shining!! No not always can I make each place look new and sometimes its hard to make it look nice, but I always try to make it look and feel the cleanest I can. As I am working I am thinking about how if I had to move into the home I am cleaning would it seem clean. If I had to sit in that tub would I be able to enjoy a bath? If I had to put my dishes in the cupboard would I have to clean it first or could I just place my dishes in there worry free. Would I feel safe using the dishwasher or the washer or dryer? I like knowing whoever moves in will know it was clean! 
     I have also found a way to be of service to God as I work. Most of the time while I am cleaning I sence either the people who have lived there previously or the the ones that will be moving in. I dont mean that I have any sort of supper power or anything. I just mean I have a feeling about who lived there and what kind of person might have to move in next. Sometimes I see evidence of happiness, fun times, hard working, lazy, babies, kids, older people, people that cook a lot or dont, people that smoke or drink, some have nice things and some dont, and some totally dont care. So as I am cleaning I will talk to God and pray for the home and who has or will live there. Not always but when the sences hit me I do take it to God. No I dont claim to be a saint or anything but I do want to do the best I can and I want to use what I do for God. I have been blessed with the opportunity to do what I love and I just want to show my appreciation to the One who gave it to me!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment