Monday, August 1, 2011

Filling My Cup

     Yesterday after church service was over our class discussed "fear" and how we are effected by it and how we can try to overcome it. That is not a word I would regularly use in my life. I am a strong, get it done kind of person who usually finds some way to get past any dilemma. So fear to me means weakness and no possible solutions.I have always felt there is a solution to every problem, maybe not always the one we want though.
     So this idea of being afraid interested me and I have been rolling it around in my mind to really get a grip on it. What I found it seems is that the likely hood of me being afraid is not only probable but accurate. When I am in the trenches of life I find myself focused on the issue at hand and not really focusing on my feelings. This is where I think the fear is pushed aside and the will to press on takes over.
     Our discussion went in the direction of how to realize the fears we feel and how to turn them over to God. Nice concept,yes, but how? Then a woman who I never really met until yesterday said something that really does make this feel attainable. She said something similar to this- "its kinda like imagining a cup that is full of fear, anxiety, doubt, sorrow or anything else that we tend to dwell on. Then imagine putting things like reading the Bible, praying, doing good deeds for others, attending church, hanging out with Christians into that cup and watching all the bad spill out. She said we need to fill the cup so there is no more room for the junk we dont need. 
     So with that thought in mind I will be learning in this wonderful season of my life to fill my cup with really important things and just sit back and watch the "dumb stuff" flow out!!! And my prayer is that I can help others fill or refill theirs!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment